After-School Music Lessons
for 4th Grade
(and yes, it is really this simple)
Steps to participate in the
Winter/Spring 2014 Governor Mifflin After School Music Program
1. Be in 4th grade.
2. Think about 2-3 instruments that you may like to learn and play.
3. Come to a Music Discovery Night (Mon 1/14/13 & Wed 1/16/13; 6:00-8:30PM) and try those instruments.
4. Choose one instrument to take lessons on and practice at home.
5. Get an instrument and lesson book. (either rent or buy. We will have information available.)
6. Enroll in the program. ($60 to GMSD) Registration form.
7. Start lessons on the week of February 4th, 2014.
8. Lessons meet almost every week. Check calendar HERE.
9. Play your first concert on May 2nd and show off to the world what you have learned.
10. In 5th grade, be ready to rock it out in the GMIS band or orchestra!
2014 Calendar for GM After School Music
Jan T 14th & W 15th Music Discovery Nights, GMIS Music Suite, 6:30PM – 8:30PM
Jan 21st Rental commitments and forms are due to Loser’s Music Store
Jan 30th Approximate Musical Instrument Deliveries from Loser’s Music
Feb 4th, 5th, 6th First lesson cycle begins (all lessons run from 3:30-4:30PM)
Feb 11th, 12th, 13th Second lesson cycle
Feb 18th, 19th, 20st Third lesson cycle
Feb 25th, 26th, 27th Forth lesson cycle
Mar 4th, 5th, 6th Fifth lesson cycle
Mar 11th, 12th, 13th Sixth lesson cycle (half way)
Mar 18th, 19th, 20th Seventh lesson cycle
Mar 25th, 26th, 27th Eighth lesson cycle
Apr 1st, 2nd, 3rd Ninth lesson cycle (ensembles, band and orchestra)
Apr 8th, 9th, 10th Ninth lesson cycle (ensembles, band and orchestra)
Apr 15 – 24 No lessons. Spring Break. Home practice.
Apr 29th, 30th May 1st Tenth lesson cycle (ensembles, band and orchestra)
May 7th (Wed) Governor Mifflin “Show and Tell Concert for After School Music Program”
6:20PM Call – seating and short dress rehearsal
7:00PM Concert Begins