Thank you for checking my Teacher Pages. I hope you find current information that is helpful to you. If any of this information is helpful, let me know, or If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. The best ways are:
To print a copy of the MARCH 13, 2013 Orchestra News letter, click HERE.
10 Easy Steps to enroll in the GMIS Instrumental Music (band and orchestra)
1. Be a GMIS student that wants to enhance their leaning experience in music.
(Every students who wants to play, can. See me. We CAN work it out.)
2. Consider about 2-3 instruments that you may like to explore.
3. Come to a Music Discovery Night (Mon 9/17 or Tues 9/19; 6:00-8:30PM) and try out a few instruments.
4. Make a choice on an instrument.
5. Get an instrument and lesson book. (rent, borrow or buy (renting is recommended))
Loser’s music will be on hand with rental information at both music discovery nights.
6. Commit and enroll in the program.
7. ½ Hour, once a cycle lessons will begin about the first week of October.
8. Ensemble rehearsals begin after 1st lesson. (5th Band, D 4 & 6; 6th Band, D 1 & 5; Orchestra, D 2 & 6)
9. Practice 3 times a week for about 30 minutes a session.
10. Show off your musical skills at our concerts and performances! (See calendar link.)
We study music in ensembles to:
have fun, collaborate with others, develop creativity, listen and respond to others, learn a fantastic ancient art, mature our character, develop autonomy, exercise our minds like nothing else can, become problem solvers, hone our focusing skills, give something back to others and create something beautiful.